Our Mission is to empower our customers with knowledge, connections, and the confidence required to embark on a new sustainable career. We are a growing company and are looking for great people who will stay with us long tem. Come join our team of caring professionals and make a difference!
**Please read job description in its entirety before applying for this position. Only qualified candidates apply, please.
Enjoy benefits like: 401K Retirement Plan, Benefits including health, dental, life, vision available,7 paid holidays, Accrued Paid Vacation, Create your own schedule based off of case load and office hours, Potential for bonuses, Learn more about an ever-growing industry and your community.
*SIGN ON BONUS * - $500, 50% paid at 90 days , 50% paid at 6 months of hiring.
employU is a Nonprofit Employment Service contracted with The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation assisting people with disabilities prepare for, become and retain employment. We are currently seeking Job Coaches to work in our Transition Program which serves high school students in the community. Transition Job Coaches will primarily need to work nights and weekends to work around the participants' school schedule.
Bilingual is a plus (English / Spanish); ASL is a plus.
Expected number of hours per week: under 30 hours.
Required availability: Afternoons/Evenings (must be available from 3 - 9 pm) and Weekends (Saturday and Sunday) to work around students' school schedule.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Intense attention to detail with accuracy and consistency
- Above average computer and software skills for basic data entry
- Ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of people
- Strong presentation skills
- Pass a level II background check.
- Valid Driver's License, Auto Registration, Auto Insurance coverage 50k property/100k personal injury liability
- Reliable transportation.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience working with persons with disabilities mental or physical (case work or counseling) in a vocational setting preparing individuals for employment.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus as is familiarity with the local labor market.
- This is an entry level position. We often promote from within and are looking for people who want to grow with us.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE
- Four years’ experience or employment in a public vocational rehabilitation program; experience in job placement, job coaching, or counseling; or other related experience working with persons with disabilities. OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources, business administration, or economics, from accredited college or university and one years’ experience as describe above. OR
- A Master’s Degree in a related field such as rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources, business administration, or economics, from accredited college or university and six months’ experience as describe above. OR
- An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in an unrelated field, and two years’ experience as described above.
* *Best Practices in Supported Employment and Introduction to Social Security Work Incentives through the TRN are required for this position upon hire or within 90 days of hire.
401K Retirement Plan
Benefits including health, dental, life, vision available
7 paid holidays
Accrued Paid Vacation
Create your own schedule based off of case load and office hours
Potential for bonuses
Learn more about an ever-growing industry and your community
Make a difference in a life