Our Mission is to empower our customers with knowledge, connections, and the confidence required to embark on a new sustainable career. We are a growing company and are looking for great people who will stay with us long tem. Come join our team of caring professionals and make a difference!
**Please read job description in its entirety before applying for this position. Only qualified candidates apply, please.
employU is a Nonprofit Employment Service contracted with The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation assisting people with disabilities prepare for, become and retain employment. We are currently seeking Project Search skills trainers.
What we look for in employees-
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Intense attention to detail with accuracy and consistency
- Above average computer and software skills for basic data entry
- Ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of people
- Strong presentation skills
- Pass a level II background check.
- Valid Driver's License, Auto Registration, Auto Insurance coverage 50k property/100k personal injury liability
- Reliable transportation.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience working with persons with disabilities mental or physical (case work or counseling) in a vocational setting preparing individuals for employment.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus as is familiarity with the local labor market.
- This is an entry level position. We often promote from within and are looking for people who want to grow with us.
- Four years’ experience or employment in a public vocational rehabilitation program; experience in job placement, job coaching, or counseling; or other related experience working with persons with disabilities. OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources, business administration, or economics, from accredited college or university and one years’ experience as describe above. OR
- A Master’s Degree in a related field such as rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources, business administration, or economics, from accredited college or university and six months’ experience as describe above. OR
- An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in an unrelated field, and two years’ experience as described above.
* *Best Practices in Supported Employment and Introduction to Social Security Work Incentives through the TRN are required for this position upon hire or within 90 days of hire.
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Benefits including health, dental, life, vision available
- 7 paid holidays
- Accrued Paid Vacation
- Create your own schedule based off of case load and office hours
- Potential for bonuses
- Learn more about an ever-growing industry and your community
- Make a difference in a life
- *SIGN ON BONUS * - $500, 50% paid at 90 days , 50% paid at 6 months of hiring
employU is recruiting for 1– ProjectSEARCH SkillsTrainer for the 2018-2019 School year
This is a full-time position and will follow a traditional school schedule of Monday-Friday with hours reflecting a typical school day.
Pay is between $14-15 an hour an hour with possible performance incentives.
JOB DESCRIPTION – ProjectSEARCH SkillsTrainer
As the ProjectSEARCH Skills Trainer, you will be working directly as a team alongside staff from Martin Health Systems and St. Lucie School District to provide employment skills training to high school students with disabilities onsite at Martin Health Systems at Tradition. You will be working with multiple students each day throughout the hospital and must be able to multitask and prioritize between those students throughout the day. Must be able to work in hospital environment to include medical floors, operating/surgical settings, infectious disease patients, food/nutrition, housekeeping/environmental services and the emergency room. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to provide to support to student interns to help them to learn how to best navigate this same environment.