Our Mission is to empower our customers with knowledge, connections, and the confidence required to embark on a new sustainable career. We are a growing company and are looking for great people who will stay with us long term. Come join our team of caring professionals and make a difference!
**Please read job description in its entirety before applying for this position. Only qualified candidates apply, please.
employU is a Nonprofit Employment Service contracted with The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation assisting people with disabilities prepare for, become and retain employment. We are currently seeking a Project Search skills trainer Part-time.
What we look for in employees-
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Intense attention to detail with accuracy and consistency
- Above average computer and software skills for basic data entry
- Ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of people
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, Adobe and web based database systems
- Pass a level II background check.
- Valid Driver's License, Auto Registration, Auto Insurance coverage 50k property/100k personal injury liability
- Reliable transportation.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience working with persons with disabilities mental or physical (case work or counseling) in a vocational setting preparing individuals for employment.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus as is familiarity with the local labor market.
- Previous experience with Project Search is a plus!
- Four years’ experience or employment in a public vocational rehabilitation program; experience in job placement, job coaching, or counseling; or other related experience working with persons with disabilities. OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources, business administration, or economics, from accredited college or university and one years’ experience as describe above. OR
- A Master’s Degree in a related field such as rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources, business administration, or economics, from accredited college or university and six months’ experience as describe above. OR
- An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in an unrelated field, and two years’ experience as described above.
* *Best Practices in Supported Employment and Introduction to Social Security Work Incentives through the TRN are required for this position upon hire or within 90 days of hire.
- 401K Retirement Plan(After 90 days of employment)
- 7 paid holidays
- Accrued Paid Vacation(At a Part-time rate)
- Learn more about an ever-growing industry and your community
- Make a difference in a life
JOB DESCRIPTION – ProjectSEARCH SkillsTrainer
As the ProjectSEARCH Skills Trainer, you will be working directly as a team alongside staff from Cleveland Clinic Tradition Hospital and St. Lucie School District to provide employment skills training to high school students with disabilities onsite at Cleveland Clinic Tradition Hospital.
You will be working with multiple students each day throughout the hospital and must be able to multitask and prioritize between those students throughout the day.
Must be able to work in hospital environment to include medical floors, operating/surgical settings, infectious disease patients, food/nutrition, housekeeping/environmental services and the emergency room.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to provide to support to student interns to help them to learn how to best navigate this same environment.
Must learn and adhere to policies and procedures outline by employU, Cleveland Clinic Martin Health, Vocational Rehabilitation and St. Lucie County School District and collaborate with all business partners involved in the process.
Assist with job coaching at community businesses once interns move on to obtain jobs.