Our mission is to empower our clients with knowledge, connections, and the confidence required to embark on a new sustainable career. Come join our team of caring professionals and make a difference!
**Please read job description in its entirety before applying for this position.
employU is a Nonprofit Employment Service contracted with The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation assisting people with disabilities prepare for, become and retain employment. We are seeking a Vocational Evaluator to work with our clients in the Volusia County area.
Copy and paste this link to listen to an employee testimonial!
The Vocational Evaluator works in our Vocational Evaluations Department in a client facing role. Experience with vocational assessment administration, analysis, and interpretation is a must. The Vocational Evaluator conducts assessments and analysis to identify individual needs and recommends training methods accordingly. The goal is to appraise clients' interests, aptitudes, and personality characteristics for social, educational and vocational planning. The incumbent will be expected to travel to meet the clients.
- Conduct a wide variety of assessments including TABE, TASC, and Interest Inventories
- Coordinate and Perform Work site Evaluations
- Prepare Reports detailing assessment methods, observations, and recommendations
- Experience with Career Counseling and Case Management (particularly with individuals with mental and intellectual disabilities) is preferred
What we look for in employees-
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a Certified Vocational Evaluator or CRC OR Possess a Master's Degree in Vocational Evaluation, Psychology, or Rehabilitation Counseling plus 1 year minimum experience.THOSE THAT DO NOT HOLD THE CORRECT MASTERS , NEED NOT APPLY. If you hold correct Masters and have CRC or CVE, we will consider you without experience.
- One year of full-time experience using vocational rehabilitation counseling techniques and one year of conducting vocational evaluation with disabilities
- At least 2 years of experience in the mental health or psychology field preferred but not required
- Able to pass a Level 2 Background Check
- Valid Driver's License, Auto Registration, Auto Insurance coverage 50k property/100k personal injury liability
- Reliable Transportation and comfortable with local travel
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, Adobe and web based database systems
- Proficient with paper based and computer based assessment administration
- Passion for working with individuals with disabilities
- Experience with CARF and/or APD standards is a plus
- Bilingual-English/Spanish is a plus
Job Type: Contract work